Learning and Development Manager
To provide Agulhas Applied Knowledge with learning and development expertise as a L&D Manager, leading Agulhas’s principal L&D project.
The position will require close work with Agulhas staff, especially the Senior Management Team and will be based out of the Agulhas offices in Branch Place, London. It will require willingness to travel for meetings or if delivering training modules in the UK or abroad.
Initial 12 month contract with potential for extension.
This role could be part or full time depending on experience and associated skill set.
Please send covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Agulhas Applied Knowledge is a London-based consulting firm specialising in research, analysis, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) on international development and sustainability. We provide strategic advice on aid programme and development policy to the UK government, other donor countries, multilateral organisations, developing country governments, philanthropic foundations and NGOs. We specialise in knowledge management, helping our clients to develop monitoring and evaluation systems, strengthen their organisational learning systems and improve the quality and value for money of their programming.
Agulhas has recently taken on a three-year project to revamp a series of training courses for project managers working in international development. The project will transform an instructor-led curriculum into a learner-centred, blended approach involving mobile learning resources and an online learning management system (LMS).
- Minimum of 6 years professional experience
- Demonstrable experience in the Learning and Development sector with proven skill at the project management or team management level
- Familiarity of the international development environment or UK government / Public Sector
- Demonstrable experience undertaking:
- learning needs analyses
- designing , implementing and evaluating digital learning and e-learning solutions,
- designing L&D strategies
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience delivering training to professional audiences
- Demonstrable ability to work with different stakeholders including academic training partners, technical L&D design teams
- Professional demeanor and proven ability to work with senior individuals in the client organisation (a government department)
- Relevant CIPD qualification or equivalent professional experience
Project management Set up and team lead the principle Agulhas L&D contract, working with the Programme Director Lauren Pett. Activities will include but are not limited to:
- Design and manage workplan to deliver the contract, from inception to completion. This will require working closely with consortium partners (particularly on LMS platform design and functionality) the line manager and other members of the SMT
- Act as day-to-day point of contact for the principle client working closely with the Programme Director
- Manage the three consortium partners coordinating their inputs into delivery of the project
- Work together with the incumbent service provider and other training stakeholders during the transition period to ensure the project has full visibility and access to existing curriculum materials
- Co-deliver or attend trainings run by the incumbent during the transition period
- Identify any additional training resources required to design or deliver the training
- Lead the design of a new learning curriculum for the Project Management cadre engaging and consulting with all relevant stakeholders
- Maintain and manage the overall project budget, providing regular reports on status to the Programme Director. Flagging any anticipated or actual issues to line manager.
- Deliver face-to-face training to the client alongside other trainers (for example the partner training team)
- Attend all project meetings
- Provide quarterly reports to the Programme Director
- Draft progress reports as requested by the client